Enumeration updated by David and Martha Montgomery
Click on the names above to send an e-mail or use the email address
LOCATION: From the Westpoint, Tennessee area, turn off onto Collinwood Rd./California Branch Rd. and travel for approximately 3.3 miles. Turn right onto the Jack Nelson/Johnson Hollow Rd., a dirt road. Travel approximately .3 miles to the cemetery on the right of the road. It was the former Floyd Nelson farm now owned by Jack Nelson. Mr. Nelson presently takes care of the cemetery. The property was formerly owned by the Boshear family. This cemetery is no longer in use and there are many unmarked graves here. This cemetery is on the Wayne/Lawrence County line. There are 2 graves in the Nelson yard that once were marked with field stones, however those grave locations have been lost. The two graves were reported to be Tuckers, a father and son. According to sources, the son was killed in the battle of Shiloh. The Tuckers were the original owners of this land, later owned by the Boshears, Gallahers, and Nelsons. This farm was in Lawrence County until Mr. Gallaher owned it and he had it changed to Wayne County in order to keep from paying railroad taxes, according to legend by the late Floyd Nelson.
Hollis, William; b. 28 Nov 1802, d. 08 Sep 1875, husband of H.J.
Luker, W.J.; b. 12 Nov 1826, d. 09 June 1864, husband of M.L.
Luker, Martha E.; b. 03 Dec 1830, d. 02 Jun 1898, wife of James, daughter of William Hollis
*McCrory, Mary E.; b. 27 Oct 1875, d. 27 Dec 1875, daughter of C.H. and M.M.
* This stone was in the attic in Floyd Nelson's home. C.H. McCrory bought the tombstone for his daughter's grave, but when the stone arrived, he had forgotten the location of the grave and never erected it. The home is now owned by Jack Nelson and the headstone still remains in the attic of the home in the original shipping crate.